Advantages of EBS on OCI
With the advent of cloud technologies, all businesses have already started increasing their cloud footprint. Some workloads migrated swiftly and readily as businesses adopted cloud solutions, exhibiting the cloud’s flexibility and agility. However, this wasn’t the case for all workloads. Many businesses found it difficult to migrate essential business applications, which posed additional problems as well as stringent performance, security, and control requirements.
Your company is presumably already utilizing Oracle E-Business Suite for order management, procurement, manufacturing, logistics, and/or financials if you’re reading this. Your solution may have been tailored to your specific requirements and tightly connected with other apps to assist with day-to-day operations. As a result, a new software-as-a-service (SaaS) solution may not make sense to start from scratch, re-architect, and retrain workers. The strength of adopting an infrastructure as a service (IaaS) solution on OCI is the flexibility to accept everything you already do with your on-premise E-Business Suite. You have control over the performance, security, and business continuity plans with IaaS in OCI.
What is OCI?
OCI is a virtual data center that is hosted remotely and can supply virtual hardware in seconds. This implies that if you require a server, you can get one with a few clicks. If you need a storage volume, it’s available in seconds and can be connected to a Windows or Linux server with a few automatically generated commands. It comes with an uncluttered, transparent, and simple-to-use site, as well as cost analysis and budget reports that are simple to understand, and appealing cost-effective economics.
KEY BENEFITS OF ORACLE EBS ON OCI
- 38% lower TCO than on-premises deployments, 44% less than AWS
- Managing and reducing CAPEX, ensuring the data centers you maintain are efficient, while eliminating server hardware and taking advantage of cloud flexibility where possible.
- 30% increased performance, 2-10x faster reporting
- High availability with RTO < 4 hours and RPO < 4 hours
- Maximize your solution availability with Oracle, with Oracle RAC or Exadata in the cloud
- Rapid in-place technology refresh and patching
- Proactive monitoring of usage and costs
- Near instant scaling up or down – e.g., to handle business growth or workload bursts at month end
- Federated identity with your existing systems
- Security and compliance overhead for IaaS is Oracle’s responsibility, helping reduce audit length and cost
- Transform large, irregular CAPEX expenditures to predictable OPEX, pay as you go based on usage, and bring your own Oracle licenses to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure to leverage your existing investments, including monitoring, operational runbooks, skills, and workflow.
Aside from the advantages of being easier to transfer, administer, and scale, hosting E-Business Suite on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure is actually less expensive than running it on premises or in another cloud. E-Business Suite on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure can save you 38% compared to on-premises and 44% compared to another cloud.
- 2,500 concurrent users
- 6 environments (2 production, 1 development, 1 testing, 1 staging, and 1 QA)
- OCI: 80 vCPUs per environment, 5TB database storage, 50 GB/vCPU storage, 1 Gbps FastConnect, Backups, 4TB data egress,
- Single node database, 25% cloud discount
- On-Premises: 12 physical servers, each with 28 cores, 128 GB RAM, and 13.5 TB storage
- AWS: Same details as OCI, reserved instances for prod environments, 7% EA disco
ORACLE E-BUSINESS SUITE ON ORACLE CLOUD INFRASTRUCTURE
Oracle E-Business Suite runs on Oracle Cloud for Infrastructure in the same way it does on premises in your data center today — the same applications you may have customized, purchased, and trained your staff on, but on a combination of Oracle’s Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Database as a Service (DBaaS) offerings (DBaaS).
Oracle E-Business Suite deployment on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure choices include the following:
Infrastructure-as-a-Service: Oracle Cloud Infrastructure is a comprehensive set of cloud services on which enterprise applications can run. Oracle Cloud Infrastructure provides high-performance computation and storage capabilities in a customizable overlay virtual network that can be accessed securely from your on-premises network. OCI offers highly scalable, cost-effective compute power for hosting your Oracle E-Business Suite application tier and, optionally, database tier.
Infrastructure-as-a-Service + Database-as-a-Service: Oracle Cloud Platform is a complete, standards-based, fully integrated combination of Oracle and open source technologies that you may use to design, deploy, migrate, and manage a variety of cloud-based application workloads at a substantially lower operational cost. The OCI DB System or OCI Exadata DB System can be used to run your database tier, allowing you to rapidly and easily provide your desired database configuration.
THE NEXT STEP
Ibizsoft can assist you in developing a roadmap to modernize your ERP. Be it upgrading your E-Business suite environment to Release 12.2 or migrating your E-Business to the Cloud, with a proven track record Ibizsoft can help you to successfully deliver your business transformation. For more information reach out to us at email@example.com.