Oracle Field Service Process Flow
Overview of Oracle Field Service
Overview: Oracle Field Service Suite provides an Automated process used by the Service Organizations to manage there Field Service Operations. The Suite assists in the entire Service Process i.e. from taking Customer Calls to Fixing and Reporting the problem at the Customer Site.
Key Features of Oracle Field Service:
- Customer Service Request Handling
- Plan and Schedule large number of geographically dispersed Service Technicians
- Automatic assignment of Field Service Tasks to qualified Service Technicians
- Insight into Technicians daily activities
- Reporting on Material, Labor and Expense Transactions
- Proactive handling of Customer’s service Needs
Oracle Field Service Process Flow
Field Service Process (Service Request Handling)
- In Field Service a Service Request can be created in the Service Request Form. This form captures details like Service Request Number, Type, Customer details, Customer Contacts, Address etc..
- Each Service Request is validated against the Customer, Product and Contract and assigned to a Service Request Owner
- This SR gets screened by the Service Representative to avoid a Field Service visit. This is achieved by searching the Knowledge Base for a solution. Based on the search result, the Service Rep may close the Request or it may require a visit by a Field Service Technician
- If a Field visit if required, then a Task gets created for the SR with the Problem description and this Task gets assigned to a Field Service Technician
Service Request Form (Workbench Tab)
Service Request Form (Contacts / Addresses Tab)
Service Request Form (Tasks Tab) Task is the lowest unit of work (for ex: Follow up action, work assignment). Tasks can be created, assigned, managed, sorted, scheduled and prioritized. Tasks provides notification to the user and can be escalated.
Service Request Form (Using Knowledge Base) Service Reps can access a centralized Knowledge base to search for a possible solution for the Problem mentioned in the Service Request. This can be accessed under the Workbench Tab and by clicking the Search Knowledge button
Knowledge Base Center: This page gives the Service Reps with the best possible solution based on the Problem Summary provided in the Service Request. Each solution has a Solution Number with a Score %. The Service Rep can select the Solution with the highest %.
Assignment Manager: If no Solution exists in the Knowledge base and the Problem requires a Field visit, then the Service Rep can assign the Task to a Field Technician. To perform this he/she can make use for the Assignment Manager form which provides options like Search Mode, Search Criteria, Territory setup, Shift details, based on which the Scheduler provides list of suitable Field Technicians
Territory Manager: Territory Manager is used for setting up Territories under which Individual Field Technicians or Group of Technicians can be assigned. Territories makes use of Geographies to define the Location under which the Technicians belong. Additional criteria’s like Task Type can be provided to a Territory to match available Tasks to Technicians. Task Scheduler makes use of these Territory setups to identify suitable Field Technicians.
Dispatch Center: Dispatch Center is a centralized workbench under which the Field Service Planner can view all incoming Tasks within his/her responsibility and then assign these Tasks to create a Trip for each Field Technicians.
Dispatch Center consists of:
- Plan Board to monitor or schedule activities
- Gantt Chart to monitor or schedule activities
- Map displaying field activities against Field Service Technicians
Field Service Technician Portal is a web based UI which helps the Field Service Technicians to perform following tasks:
- Receive and complete Job assignments
- Record Labor, material and Expenses
- Order, return and receive Spare Parts
- View and Update Installed based configuration
- Update SR info in Real time
- Create SR and follow up Tasks
Once the Task has been completed by the Field Service Technician, he/she can complete the Task by selecting the menu option ‘Customer Confirmation’
Field Service Debrief Report:
- Is used to report progress done, time, material and expenses incurred for Service Tasks. The Field Service Technician prepares the Debrief report once the service task has been completed on the Customer Site
- Product usage can also be captured using Counters in the Debrief Report. Counter readings can only be recorded for customer products defined in the Installed Base which have a counter assigned to them
- The Task Assignment status change is used to update the assignment status and push the Information to Inventory, Installed Base and Charges
- Once the Task Assignment status changes to Closed, all information recorded like Material, Expense and Labor is transmitted to the Charges Database
- In charges these information are checked against any Contract and Finally used to generated Invoices
- Prior to sending an Invoice to the Customer after the Debrief is completed, you can review a summarized view of the Invoice by using the Field Service Pro Forma Invoice Feature
Field Service Debrief Page
Service Request form (Charges Tab) Once the charge lines are interfaced we can view the same in the Service Request form under the Charges tab