Campaign Management and Web Marketing
Campaigns are constructed using a wide variety of marketing objects. The basic components of campaigns are its theme, funding (budgets), execution (activities), target audience (lists and marketing mediums), cost (costs), and effectiveness measuring devices (metrics).
A campaign in Oracle Marketing is a planning tool and to execute it, you can create
campaign activities. A basic marketing campaign can be divided into several processes
as depicted in the following figure :
- Planning a Campaign Process :
Create a Campaign
- Enter the approximate Budget Estimate
- Save the Budget Estimate
- Click on Manage Budget: This assist the user to navigate to the screen where the request approval for campaign Budget can be raised.
Campaign Budget Source Screen
Campaign Budget Request and Transfer
- Enter the source name
- Requested Amount = $ 50 (For Example)
- Click on Create.
The campaign budget source is created with a ‘Planning’ status.
To Change the Status from ‘Planning’ to ‘Approved’ navigate to ‘Update Campaign’ window.
The workflow for Web marketing from the Campaign Workbench:
Create A new Web Placement
Responsibility: Campaign Workbench Super User.
Navigation: Administration >Web Set up > Web Placement.
Campaign activities are the main execution vehicles for marketing. Activity setup includes setting up products to promote, offers, a target group to contact,
Preview of the Content Item
- Submit the Web activity for approval. When approved, the Web activity will execute on the specified launch date and for the specified duration.
- Save the Activity and Click on ‘Apply’
- Note the transition of the Campaign status from ‘New’ to ‘Active’
To View the Web Ad/Web Offer on the iStore Sites.
Optionally Run the Concurrent Programs :
Run the following Concurrent Programs as Marketing Administrator/ Marketing Super User.
- Workflow Background Process.
- AMS Web Execution: Campaign Items Refresh Program Marketing
- AMS Web Execution: Specialty Store Items Refresh Program
Responsibility: Oracle Marketing Super User.
Navigation : Administration > Marketing > Concurrent Request
Step 1: Select the Program:
Step 2 : Select the user who acts as the recipient.
Request Overview Window:
Submit the Request. Request ID gets generated.
- Switch the responsibility as ‘Istore Administrator’
- Navigate to the site to view the Web Ad . In our example “Vision Computers” is the site to view the Web Ad.
Navigate to the site: Vision Computers
When the user is a ‘Guest’:
Understanding and Using Click through URLs
Click-Through-Destinations (CTD) allows marketers to generate URLs in the application. It simplifies the process of creating the URL as the Marketer need not know all the parameters to create the URL.
When creating a CTD you need to select a specific "action" for it. For example, if creating a CTD for Web advertisement, the "action" for the click-though could be to "send the targeted user to a specific URL".
The following action for Click through URLs is seeded with the product:
Go to URL: Sends the user to the defined URL. The URL for this action must be preceded by HTTP:// or HTTPS://.
Prerequisites to implement CTD
Create a Web Placement or use an existing Web Placement :
Once the image/content item is approved submit the for approval. Once Approved ‘save’ the activity and drill down through the CTD and specify the URL for the related Content Item.
Click on ‘Save’ and ‘Apply’. The activity is now associated with a Web Banner and is now ready to be published on the I store site.