Customizing Oracle Workflow Notifications for iStore and other Oracle Modules
Oracle workflow embedded in Oracle Applications provides ease of change and ease of implementation, enabling you to quickly respond in the rapidly changing world of e-business.
We can customize Oracle Applications workflow to enable transactions to reflect your business practices. We can create alternative processing paths to accommodate new business processing rules or introduce new procedures.
Oracle Workflow is tightly integrated with Oracle iStore. It sends notifications to users on events like User Registration, User Approval, Share Cart, Order confirmation, User inactivation.
Following are the some of the workflows those we usually customize to implement business requirements. Those send notifications for different events occurred in Oracle iStore.
iStore Alerts Workflow – IBEALERT.wft
JTF Approval – JTF_APPR.wft
JTF Send Password – JTAUMPSW.wft
JTF UM Email Notification – JTAUMEMN.wft
System : Mailer – WFMAIL.wft
System : Error – WFERROR.wft
Oracle Workflow gives a protection and customization level to all the workflow stored in the database and requires the entire user to operate at a certain access level. The level is a numeric value ranging from 0 to 1000.
Here we would describe how to update/customize some notification from ‘iStore Alerts Workflow’. Let us update “User Registration” email which is being sent when user register from iStore user registration page.
Update email notification.
1. Logon to Oracle Workflow client and connect to database. (Please check tnsnames.ora for that to work)
2. Select “iStore Alerts Workflow” and open.
3. Go to Messages. Copy “Register as User of Existing Organization” notification and paste with new name “XX Register as User of Existing Organization”.
4. Make required changes to contents of the email from body tab.
Enable customized email notification.
1. Login with iStore Administrator Responsibility.
2. Navigate to Advanced -> Notifications -> Next 15
3. Click on Detail button for event named ‘User Registration’.
4. Click on ‘Register as User of Existing Organization’ check box and click on Enable button. (Please see the note below)
3. Click on Detail button option for event named – ‘Register as User of Existing Organization’.
4. Click on Update button.
5. Select message named ‘XX User Registration-Business-Default’ and click Apply button.
There is also option available to enable/disable particular notification being sent from “iStore Alerts Workflow”.Sometimes according to business requirements we need to fetch values from custom table, lookup type or profile options which requires to make additional setup and define new activities.
We can help to customize Oracle Workflow which involves thorough Business Requirement analysis, setup and implementation. To summarize it involves,
• Perform gap analysis of business requirements vs out of the box functionalities of workflow notifications related to Order confirmation, registration confirmation, approval required, etc…
• Resolve notifications issues with current functionalities like duplicates between custom and seeded, incorrect body text, unwanted messages, poor formatting,etc…
• Implement functional setup to suppress/unsuppress notifications and customize different workflows like iStore Alert, JTF Approval, JTF Send Password, custom Order Management Workflow.
• Customize ‘System Mailer’ and ‘System Error’ component to manage error flow and FYI notifications.
• Update the workflow processes flow/activities to generate/prevent custom notifications.
• Suppress / Unsuppress out of the box email notifications from JTF/IBE/OM.
• Introduce/modify custom attributes to derive values from custom lookup type and profile options.
• Develop MD120, TE020 and MD070 documents for Oracle Workflow Customization.
For more detail/support email : email@example.com