Customizing Returns in Oracle iStore
In today’s e-commerce world accepting return item using a webstore has become a standard way. Oracle iStore provides customer UI for achieving this business requirement. Returns customer UI can be accessed from Orders Menu. From there customers can return orders which are in ‘Booked’ status in Oracle Order Management. If there is an approval process returns the administrator will approve or reject the returns. Oracle iStore mainly focus on the return of orders which are in ‘Booked’ status. The usual Oracle iStore returns flow from a customer point of view is as follows :
Customer selects the returns page using links provided in Order menu, which is a Returns search page. Customer can search all the returns he had done using search queries (Note it will show only approved returns if Order Management Approval process is enabled).
- If a customer would like to return a particular item then we can use return Items button which will redirect the customer to create return page. By which customer can search items he/she wants to return using Sales Order Number/Purchase Order Number/Part Number search queries. Customer can also return selected searched items using Add to Return, which will redirect to Return Review Page which shows all the pending returns, need to be submitted for approval process to finish the return process.
- After submitting the returns items from Return Review Page customer will get return Summary page, which shows all the items and their order number and prices related to that.
iBizSoft has customized the Return proces in Oracle iStore where in customers can now return an item or items, even if they do not have Order Number or Purchase Order number associated with it. The process has been customized in such a way that the web store will accept items which does not have Order in the Booked status. Normal process for Returns, that is using an existing Order Number or Purchase Order number, would still exist.
- Customer goes to Returns Page using returns in Order Menu. From which he/she can go to create returns page
- Create return Page now has separate query search box for Order Number/Purchase Order Number/Part Numbers. Customer can search the items which is to be returned using Part Number (doesn’t have any order number / purchase order number) an item results information shows up on the same create return page.
- Customer has to enter return quantity in provided text box and check the checkbox to return it using Add to Return button.(Please not that customer can return items that are only returnable or repairable) .After Adding item to return customer will be redirected to return Summary Page which will show the return, as shown below.
Note that this particular customer had two lines associated to a return – one ‘Inbound Repair’ and the other ‘Outbound Repair, as shown in the Order Management Lines screenshot below :
Screen From Order Lines
The customized returns flow for Returns is as follows :