How to fix the error when attempting to preview an item in iStore Administrator
When attempting to preview an item in iStore Administrator User Interface, the following error occurs.
None of the items show up in the catalog.
This is caused for the following reason:
In this R12 instance, the synonym OE_SYSTEM_PARAMETERS_ALL in the apps schema should be referring to the view OE_SYS_PARAMS_ALL_UPG.
This (OE_SYS_PARAMS_ALL_UPG) in turn refers to table oe_sys_parameters_all .
This behavior is provided by the $ONT_TOP/patch/115/sql/ontspgrn.sql (Header = 120.5).
The sql (ontspgrn.sql) is available in the file system but has not been executed on the instance.
ie The synonym OE_SYSTEM_PARAMETERS_ALL in the apps schema still points to the table OE_SYSTEM_PARAMETERS_ALL in ONT schema as it was in the earlier builds; instead of pointing to the view OE_SYS_PARAMS_ALL_UPG.
To implement the solution, please execute the following steps
1. Ensure that you have taken a backup of your system before applying the recommended solution.
2. Run the following commands/scripts in a TEST environment first:
drop SYNONYM OE_SYSTEM_PARAMETERS;
drop SYNONYM OE_SYSTEM_PARAMETERS_ALL;
Enter value for 1: apps
You should see the following messages:
PL/SQL procedure successfully completed.
3. Once the scripts complete, confirm that the data is corrected.
You can use the following SQL to confirm:
SELECT * FROM all_synonyms
WHERE synonym_name like ‘OE_SYSTEM_PARAMETERS%’;
4. Confirm that the data is corrected when viewed in the Oracle Applications.
5. Migrate the solution as appropriate to other environments.