Oracle ADF (Oracle Application Development Framework)
Oracle ADF tool has introduced for simplification of application development.
It makes easy to develop application based on standards. With ADF developer need not to learn everything about EE for design and development. It basically help to remove the complexity of coding etc
In nutshell ADF provide declarative way to do the things. E.g drag and Drop.
In ADF, oracle has introduced around 150 AJAX based control and it’s provide very easy approach to bind the business services /components with user interface.
Key feature of ADF’s key are
- Declarative approach (drag/Drop)
ADF has very rich Client Components it offers
- Rich Internet Applications
- Rich enterprise applications
- ADF faces
- 150+ Ajax controls
- Data visualization components
Other important features of ADF task flow
Task flows are logical unit of page flows and can be bounded or unbounded task flows. Task flows is extension of page flow and has designed on top of JSF.
Unbounded task flows :
They act as an entry point to application and have following features
- First entry on task flow.
- There is no boundary or single point of entry.
- Cannot be used as region on a page.
- Can be used a bookmarker.
Bounded taskflows :
They are modular blocks of task flow, and have following characteristics.
- They have only one entry point and zero or more exit points.
- They can be use as region on a page.
- They offer transaction management (commit/rollback).
- Bookmark feature is not available.