Oracle E-Business Suite for Plumbing Industry
General Software needs of Plumbing Industry
Order Management –
- Customer Acceptance: This is a standard functionality and we have the option of implicit or explicit acceptance
- Manage Customers: Customer details can be managed using the TCA(Trading Community Architecture) model
- Order Capture & Scheduling: Oracle provides forms for capturing Sales Order and Scheduling can be done either manually or by setting up ATP (Available To Promise) Rules.
- Pricing & Order Fulfilment: By using Pricing and Advanced Pricing modules, users can easily create and maintain pricelist based on Modifiers and Qualifiers. Pick Release Rules and Ship Confirm rules can be configured as per business scenarios.
Accounts Receivables –
- Payment Collection Capabilities: Standard feature
- Invoicing & Receipts: AR invoices can be automatically created in AR from OM module by using Autoinvoice functionalities. Recognize the Receipt of Payment from the Customers.
Order Management – O2C Process Flow
Order Management module provides flexible features which enable Business to capture Sales Orders and manage the Pricing, Scheduling, Shipping processes and seamlessly integrates with Accounts Receivables module for creation of Invoices for Customer Billing process. The following Process Flow shows the entire Order to Cash lifecycle.
Step1: Create Sales Order in OM
Step1a: At the Line level, enter the Item, Qty, Price, Shipping details
Step1b: By using the Availability functionality, users can get the On-Hand quantity of the Item in the selected Warehouse.
Step2: Once the SO has been Booked, next the Item needs to be Pick Released from the FGI Subinventory to the Staging Subinventory so that Shipping process can take place. Pick Release Process can be done by Online/SRS/Concurrent Program. Below step shows the Online Pick Release process. This can be achieved from the Shipping Transactions form.
Step2a: Once the Pick Release program completes, the Line Status in the Shipping Transaction gets updated to ‘Staged/Pick Confirmed’
Step3: Next, once the Items are Shipped to the Customer we need to run the Ship Confirm program which will update the Delivery details and close the Delivery Lines.
Step4: In the Confirm Delivery form, enter the Ship Confirm Rule, Ship Options, Trip Options
Step4a: During the Ship Confirm process Trip details are created through the program ‘Interface Trip Stop’ and the details can be viewed in the Shipping Transactions form under the ‘Path by Trip’ tab
Step4b: Interface Trip Stop program also creates a Sales Order Issue transaction in the Inventory which reduces the On-hand stock for the Item ‘WPP4410’
Step5: Next we need to run the ‘Workflow Background Process’ program which will send the Sales Order information into AR for Invoice creation. Once the program completes Normal, we need to run ‘Autoinvoice Master Program’ which will validate the interface records and Import the Invoice into AR
Step5a: AR Invoice can be viewed in the Transactions form of Receivables Responsibility. This contains details like Type, Ship To, Bill To, Paying Customer, Payment Details
Step6: AR Invoice is sent to the Customers for making the Payment. Once the Payments are received we need to create AR Receipt and then match and apply to the Invoice to complete the receipt process.
Step7: Once the Receipt is applied, the Balance amount in the Invoice becomes zero. After all the steps are completed, Accounting entries are created for the AR Invoice and AR Receipts and are Posted to GL