Distributed Order Orchestration – Basic Setups
Distributed Order Orchestration:
The purpose of the DOO orchestration process is to provide a framework and sequence for invoking the fulfillment operations such as Shipping, Reservations, or Invoicing, which will complete the sales order flow. It is the definition of the business processes required to fulfill an orchestration order and its order lines. The invocation of these fulfillment services is done through an interface called Task Layer (TL) services. In addition to the TL services, the process definition also includes planning details, change management parameters, and statuses that are visible on the DOO Workbench.
The Orchestration Process Definition UI allows users to create orchestration processes focusing on only the functional flow of the process rather than the technical details of the process.
To successfully use DOO, we need to first complete some basic setups as listed below:
1. Enterprise Structure for Order Orchestration
2. DefineLocations for Inventory Organization’s, Business Units
3. Define Business Units
4. Define Item/Inventory Organizations
5. Define Primary Ledgers/Legal Entities (optionally required if BU will be generating any financial transactions)
6. Define Items, Catalogs, Units of Measure
7. Define Customers, Trading Community Source Systems, Source System Entities
For performing the above mentioned functional setup tasks, Oracle Fusion has come up with Oracle Fusion Functional Setup Manager (FSM) which is an integrated, guided process for planning, configuration, implementation, deployment and maintenance allowing management of all aspects of functional setup at the business user level.
Steps to create an Implementation Project and add the relevant Task List for managing the Functional Setups:
1. Login to Fusion Application and navigate to Navigator ? Tools ? Setup and Maintenance
2. Click on Manage Implementation Projects under the Tasks list and create a new Implementation Project
Enterprise Structure for Order Orchestration
Enterprise Structure for Order Orchestration is one the basic setup that needs to completein order to full utilize the Fusion Functionalities by the Organization.
Following steps will help in Configuring the Enterprise Structure:
1. Navigate to Order Orchestration Top Task List ? Define Common Applications Configuration for Order Orchestration ? Define Enterprise Structures for Order Orchestration ? Define Initial Configuration
2. Select Manage Enterprise Configuration and click on Go to Task. Click on Create link to create a new Configuration. Here enter the Name and Description and click Ok.
3. Next, we need to establish the Enterprise Structure. Select Establish Enterprise Structures and click on Go to Task (currently we are getting an Application Error, to review the error log we can login to the Enterprise Manager for HCM Domain)
Define Locations for Inventory Organizations, Business Units
A location identifies physical addresses of a workforce structure, such as a department or a job. You can also create locations to enter the addresses of external organizations that you want to maintain, such as employment agencies, tax authorities, and insurance or benefits carriers
Steps to Define Locations:
1. Navigate to Order Orchestration Top Task List ? Define Common Applications Configuration for Order Orchestration ? Define Enterprise Structures for Order Orchestration ? Define Enterprise for Order Orchestration ? Manage Locations and click on Tasks.
2. Click on Create to Define new Location
3. This is the page where we can enter the Location details like Location Set, Name, Code, Status, Main Address
5. The status of the Request can be monitored in the Notifications window in the Home Page
6. If the above request completes in Error stating “CreateLocationApprovalRules_CreateLocationRuleSet failed with Business Fault: null. Check the underlying fault”, then we have to make changes to the seeded CreateLocationApproval Business Process. (Metalink Note: 1395697.1) Steps to make changes to the CreateLocationApproval Business Process:
a. Navigate to the All Tasks under Setup and Maintenance and search for the Task ‘Manage Task Configuration for Human Capital Management’ and click on Go to Task.
b. This will take us to BPM Worklist where all the Business Process definitions related to HCM are available. Search for the Task CreateLocationApprovaland click on CreateLocationApproval (1.0) link and then select Data Driven Tab to make changes to the CreateLocationRule. The seeded RuleSet looks for a Supervisor Approval. However we can make changes to the Rule for AUTO APPORVAL. Set the following values to the Rule:
i. Starting Participant: HierarchyBuilder.getPrincipal(Task.payload.transactionApprovalRequest.requestor,-1,””,””)
ii. Top Participant: HierarchyBuilder.getPrincipal(Task.payload.transactionApprovalRequest.requestor,-1,””,””)
iii. Auto Action Enabled: True
iv. Auto Action: “APPROVE”
c. Save the changes and resubmit the Location Creation request to resolve the issue.
Define Business Units
A business unit is a unit of an enterprise that performs one or many business functions that can be rolled up in a management hierarchy. In Oracle Fusion Applications, use business unit as a securing mechanism for transactions.
Steps to define Business Units:
1. Navigate to Order Orchestration Top Task List ? Define Common Applications Configuration for Order Orchestration ? Define Enterprise Structures for Order Orchestration ? Define Business Units for Order Orchestration ? Manage Business Units and click on Go to Task
3. Under the Create Business Units page, enter the details like Name, Location, Manager, Default Set to create the BU and click on Save.
Define Item/Inventory Organizations
An InventoryOrganization is a logical or physical entity in the enterprise that is used to store definitions of items or to store and transact items. When we define an InventoryOrganization we can select one of two usages i.e. Item Management Usage or Item and Inventory Management Usage. A warehouse managed by an external source system must be represented as organization with Item Management Usage.
These Organizations are defined with usage as Item Management Usage only. Item Organizations are used to store only the Item definitions. At least one Item Organization needs to be defined which will be the Item Master Organization for the Company. Item Organizations needs to be defined for every External Fulfillment System that the Company uses.
Steps to Define Item Organizations:
1. Navigate to Order Orchestration Top Task List ? Define Common Applications Configuration for Order Orchestration ? Define Enterprise Structures for Order Orchestration ? Define Facilities for Order Orchestration ? Manage Item Organizations and click on Go to Task
2. Under Manage Item Organization Parameters page, click on Create link to create new Item Organization
3. Enter all the required information like Name, Organization Code, Usage, Location code and click Next.
4. Next, select the Master Item Org (in this case the same org which is been defined) and then click on Save to complete the Setup
These Organizations are defined with usage as Item and Inventory Management Usage. Inventory Organizations are used by the Oracle Fusion Materials Management and Logistics application to physically and financially track items.
Define Items, Catalogs, Units of Measure
An item represents objects such as a product, service or template. An item is assigned through the item category assignment component.
A catalog is a collection of categories that are organized to define a classification of items. The top most level of a catalog is the catalog root. All categories for the first level in the category hierarchy are associated with the catalog root through the catalog category association component.
Item setup cannot be performed from FSM as Item details are stored in Oracle Fusion Product Modeland we need to have at least one of these roles to create and maintain items i.e. Product Manager Role, Supply Chain Application Administrator Role or Product Data Steward Role.
Steps to Create Item:
1. Navigation for creating item: Navigator ? Product Management ? Items ? Create Item
2. Before, we start creating an Item, we need to have access to the Item Root Class. Navigate to All Tasks and search for the task ‘Manage Item Classes’ and click on Go to Task
3. Under Manage Item Classes page, click on seeded Item Class i.e. Root Item Class
4. In the Root Item Class tab, we can edit the security details for this class which will give us access to use this Item Class while defining new Items. Navigate to Security tab and add the Role which we are using for access Create Item page (if we are using Supply Chain Application Administrator role then we need select this) and enter the Organization for which are creating the Item.
5. Next under Functional Setups User Actions field, we need to select all the relevant actions that the user is going to perform i.e. Create Item Class Item, Maintain Items, Update Items.
6. Once the required information is entered, click on Save and Close to save the work.
7. Navigate back to Items page under Product Management to create a new Item and click on Create Item to start setting up Item
8. Enter all required information i.e. Organization, Item Class and select appropriate Template and click Ok.
9. Next, enter the details like Item name, Description, Status, Primary UOM. Make sure the UOM setup is completed before continuing Item Setup process.
Steps for setting up Catalog KFF Structure:
1. Navigate to: Navigator ? Tools ? Setup and Maintenance ? All Tasks ? Manage Key Flexfield for Catalogs and click on Go to Task
2. Under the Manage Key Flexfield for Catalogs page, click on Manage Structures to create new Item Catalog KFF Structure
3. Next, click on Create icon to start creating new Structure
4. Enter all the required fields and click on Save to save the record
5. Once the structure has been created, we need to add Segments to the structure. Click on Create icon to start creating Segments for this IC Structure
6. Enter the first Segment details as per the Business Requirement and save the record. Make sure to define new Value Sets for this segment before creating the Segments
7. Once all the segments are defined for the Structure, we can view the segments created for the structure as shown. The segment definition can be edited except the Segment Column that was chosen during the Segment definition.
8. Once the Structure definition is complete, navigate to Manage Key Flexfield for Catalogs page and click on Deploy Flexfield
9. Next, we need to create a Structure Instance and then deploy the same as well
Steps for setting up Unit of Measure:
1. Navigate to: Navigator ? Tools ? Setup and Maintenance ? All Tasks ? Manage Units of Measure and click on Go to Task
2. Select the Org (Master Org) under which the UOM will be defined
3. If no Organization details are available, then most probably it’s an issue with Data Policy not setup correctly for the Role used to access the UOM setup page. Follow the steps provided in the Metalink Note – 1376973.1 (Unable To Setup Unit Of Measure : Authorization Error Then Organization List is Empty). Continue with the UOM setup once this issue has been resolved
Define Customers, Trading Community Source Systems, Source System Entities
A customer is a party, either an organization or a person, with whom you have a selling relationship. This selling relationship can result, for example, from the purchase of products and services or from the negotiation of terms and conditions that provide the basis for future purchases.
Steps to create Customers in Fusion
1. Navigate to: Navigator ? Tools ? Setup and Maintenance ? All Tasks ?Create Customer and click on Go to Task
2. Enter all the required information in the Create Organization Customer page. Enter the Account Address Set value to complete the setup.
3. If the Account Address Set LOV is null, then it might be due to the Data Policy setup issue. Refer Metalink note – 1490381.1 (There Are No Choices In The LOV For Account Address Set When Creating A Customer). Once the issue is resolved continue with the Customer setup.