Fusion Accounting Hub
EBS R12 has a common accounting engine for all subledgers called Subledger Accounting (SLA). There is also a platform for customers to generate accounting for all their non-Oracle Apps transactional systems using a rule based system called Financial Accounting Hub (FAH) which exposes the SLA rules engine to external systems which enables bringing those into EBS and generating the accounting for multiple systems in one place, using standardized, transparent accounting rules.
With Fusion Applications, it fuses the Hyperion BI and Financial Reporting features as well as the powerful PeopleSoft Trees with EBS General Ledger. Fusion provides a way for Peoplesoft, EBS and JDEdwards customers to move to Fusion in an incremental manner, consolidating data from several GL instances into one Fusion system. The result is Fusion Accounting Hub (FAH). This also contains the accounting rules engine for external systems. Oracle ended up with the same ‘Accounting Hub’ name for the Fusion product when it really offers a whole lot more and different options, where users can pick and choose what they take advantage of.
So in summary:
E-Business Suite Financial Accounting Hub – An accounting integration platform
Fusion Accounting Hub – A BI, reporting and consolidation Platform and an Accounting Integration platform as shown below:
The Fusion Accounting Hub leverages the Fusion General Ledger. The Fusion General Ledger combines traditional general ledger functionality with Oracle Essbase functionality, which is seamlessly embedded within the Fusion General Ledger. For example, at the time users create their chart of accounts, the Oracle Essbase cube is created. If a cost center is added or a date-effective hierarchy is modified, Fusion General Ledger automatically creates or modifies the corresponding cube hierarchy in Essbase. Then as transactions or journals are posted, Fusion General Ledger automatically updates the multi-dimensional balances to ensure that balances are always in sync and up-to-the-minute accurate. Unlike a data warehouse, no batch programs need to be run to populate the multi-dimensional balances; it is all happening in real-time whenever a journal or transaction is posted. Fusion General Ledger also pre-aggregates balances at every possible summarization level across each dimension
of the chart of accounts and accounting periods for multiple date-effective hierarchies. This results in extremely fast reports and queries. Reports and analytics can be refreshed on-the-fly without having to run a process or program because the balances have already been pre-calculated. Multi-dimensional analysis is also instantaneous. Users can quickly slice and dice data across dimensions and drill up, down, and sideways on any parent level.
Oracle Fusion Functional Setup Manager:
Oracle Fusion Functional Setup Manager is an exciting new feature in Oracle Fusion Applications unlike R12 Financials, that provides a single user interface for performing all tasks related to application setup. This overview provides an introduction to Oracle Fusion Functional Setup Manager and explains the concepts, benefits, and how it works for an application implementer.
Single entry point for setting up applications
- Built-in decision tree for fine-tuning your configuration
- Easy export and import of setup data
- Pre-seeded setup templates and guided task flows
- Built-in collaboration and reporting
- Full extensibility for creating custom setup objects
- Rapid start with predefined configuration packages
With composers, Oracle let the end-users do several things at run-time, otherwise it is impossible to do so with apps. Oracle Fusion applications provide content and functionality to users that enable them to complete their tasks (such as , learning about a product or service, keeping up with sales data, or submitting an order) as easily and efficiently as possible. Some key capabilities includes
- Lets users change a page layout.
- Add task flows, portlets, documents, layout components, and other objects to a page.
- Provide values for the properties associated with pages and the objects they contain.
- Add a Data composer and make it available for users based on certain criteria.
- Let end users embed training materials videos to any screens and have it relay it to other users.
- Change process flow based on GUI.
- Pre-create, create dashboard reports and make it available to a group or to the entire organization.
Fusion PPM: Core PPM Functions& PPM Analytics
- Core PPM Business Processes & Calculations
- Integration APIs for Scheduling, Labor, and Materials for Primavera and others
Fusion Product Portfolio Management: Project collaboration that makes teamwork happen
- Real-time project performance tracking
- Identifies missing or late critical performance information
- Instant collaboration between Project Team Members
Fusion Procurement: Bringing a consumer centric process to the enterprise user
- Simplifies the order process
- Provides Interactive Assistance
- Delivers Real-Time Performance Information
Fusion Supply Chain Management: Orchestrating order capture and fulfillment now
- Aggregate critical supply information from disparate systems
- Automatically apply sourcing and availability rules
- Proactively manage orders avoiding exceptions before they occur
Fusion Human Capital Management: Evaluating Talent as a team
- Rapidly identify candidates
- Make informed decisions regarding talent recommendations
- Immediately take action on the recommendations
There are no comments yet.