Release 12 – Subinventory Setup
To define subinventories in the oracle inventory management we have to access the Subinventories Summary folder window. The navigation to this form is as follows,
Inventory -> Setup -> Organizations -> Subinventories
When the subinventories summary window opens, click on the ‘new’ button. This opens up the Subinventories window. This form looks a bit different from that seen in 11i. In R12 with in the main tab the following check boxes are checked by default and grouped as Status Attributes- Include in ATP, Allow reservation and Nettable. Also newly added to the Main tab is a test field called Default Replenishment Count Type and two check boxes labelled Enable Locator Alias and Enforce Alias Uniqueness. The two check boxes were disabled. The LPN controlled and Enable Cartonization check boxes are missing and in its place we have a check box called Enable PAR Level Planning.
Enter a unique alphanumeric name in the name field. The subinventories form has a field that defines the status of materials. This field is used if Oracle Warehouse Management is installed. The next thing to select is the costing group. This group once selected will remain as the default costing group for newly received goods, unless its specified when receiving the goods. Again this feature is available if Oracle Warehouse Management is installed.
Coming back to the main tab, it holds the Parameters, Lead times and Sourcing information. The following are the values that can be set in the Parameters section
· Quantity Tracked: Setting this parameter will let the system update the quantity on hand when ever a transaction is made. This parameter cannot be unchecked till the Status Attributes mentioned above are unchecked. On unchecking this parameter the on-hand balances are not maintained and also the Asset Inventory is not updated.
· Asset Subinventory: Checking this maintains the value of this subinventory on the balance sheet. That is, it stores the total value of stock in this sub inventory.
· Depreciable: This is to specify if the asset value of this inventory can decrease.
· Enable PAR Level Planning .
· Nettable: Specify if the on-hand value of the inventory should be taken as available inventory
· Allow Reservation: This allows us to include this subinventory when we perform available-to-reserve calculations.
· Include in ATP
· Locator Control: This can be selected only if it is specified in the Locator Control field in the Organization Parameter form. This has the following 4 values
o None- Require no locator information
o Prespecified- Specifically enter a predefined locator for each item
o Dynamic Entry- Define a locator for an item- it may be predefined or dynamically assigned at the time of transaction.
o Item Level- Refer to locator control information at the item level.
· Default Locator Status: This specifies if the status of the locator in this subinventory.
· Picking Order: This is like a priority value given when selecting items in this subinventory. For example if we set 1 as the value for this field then for a given item this subinventory will be picked first as compared to another subinventory with a picking order of 2 containing the same item.
· Dropping Order: Priority in which items have to be dropped into this subinventory.
· Inactive On: Date when subinventory will be inactive.
· Location: Location for subinventory
· Picking UOM: Unit of measure for picking items from this inventory.
· Default Replenishment: Amount by which the subinventory has to be filled.
· Enable Locator Alias: If the locator has another name by which it is referred.
· Enforce Alias UniquenessIn the Lead Times section we have to specify the pre processing, processing and post processing lead times for items in this sub inventory. In the sourcing section select the source type which are again of 3 types:
o Inventory- Get items from inventory of another organization.
o Supplier- Get items from a supplier specified in Oracle Purchasing.
o Subinventory- Replenish from a subinventory in the same organization.
If you select inventory, you have to specify the organization from which this item has to be taken from and also the organization should have a shipping network defined in the system. Next specify the subinventory in the organization from which this item is taken.
The fields in the Accounts tab deals with all the accounting aspects related to this subinventory about which I will explain later.